Saturday, September 08, 2012

7.6 Earthquake in Costa Rica, and the Week Of

This week has been kind of scary. There was an earthquake in Costa Rica, and the epicenter was in Samara.

Thanks be to the King of Kings that no one in my immediate or extended family got hurt. Physical damage to the country was done, material things were lost, but these material things, according to the Costa Rican people themselves, can be rebuilt and replaced.

Memories of Galveston flooded my mind this week, and I kept thinking about the last week there, and my parents' separation. I found strength in a song by the reggae artists the Abyssinians, in which they say:

Each morn before the sun, comes shining
I pray Jah Lord, to keep me strong
To keep me far away, from the wicked
And let me live
Clean and strong
Just let me live with my fellow man!

Father, oh my Father, Father, Father
Lift up my head, and let me move along
Show me the way, the truth, and the light
And let my days be long
And let my days be long

At 5 am I offered up a prayer in the form of a run. The run, continued on the next entry....

No comments: