Friday, March 12, 2010

Jesuit XC Flashbacks

I think earlier last year I made a post about my cross country days. But I found some pics from the 6 mile relay (1.5 per runner) of 2004, my junior year at Jesuit, and my favorite cross country season.

Haydes (the blonde bomber) and John (pre-fontaine) run a hard first leg

Johnny Boy passes it to me...

Haydes to Katz...

I stay on Katz's back...partly because we're on the same time...but mostly because I knew I had to pace myself

I stay on my teammate's back until we come down the hill. I sprint past him and the #1 guy from Keller. I think that was the hardest sprint of my life. Then, I pass it to Ben, who makes the epic "soldier of Christ" pic possible.

So in the end, team A (Haydes, Katz, Kevin, and Segal) wins 1st and team B (for the Blaises- John, me, Quek, and Taylor) come in 2nd. I'm happy as hell, because the photo finish was so close, they had to review it more than once to make sure who was the victor. For all we know, we could have had the same times, in reality. It was my favorite race of all time.

Now, with the warrior dash a little less than 2 months away, these photos remind me of the inspiration that was that day. It's time to show that paintball course in Forney who's boss! Will be training in Austin for the week.


No comments: